Few and confused news are related to history and Blufi same name.
Blufi The name appears for the first time in 1211 in a document in which the church gives Palermo Federico II, among other concessions, "Proedia Buluph apud Petraliam" or possessions called "Buluf" at Petralia. In a testament of 1482 appears as "Morata Buffalo", in other documents meet the placenames Belufi, Balufi, Bolufi up to meet, in a document on the Sanctuary of Madonna dell'Olio, as current Blufi.
Some argue that the name derives from the Greek words "boos" (= ox) and "Lofos" (= hill) recalling a legendary hill ox. The best hypothesis is one that needs a name Blufi derivation Arab, formed by "be" and "Luf", that recalls a plant in this area.
Whatever the origin, what is certain is that blufesi historical events are linked to those of the cities of California, referred Blufi was a village until 1972.
Ferrarello is the largest township municipality. It found that the name derives from the name of one of its first inhabitants since the last Ferrarello is fairly widespread in the area. The village is divided into districts "Cossa", "Signuruzza", "Collesano" and "Cat", which is part of the municipality of Bompietro. During the summer and precisely every last Sunday of July the small village repopulates all emigrants who still returning to the place where they were born on the feast day of their patron saint, St. Joseph. The festival is divided into two days; On the eve of a tasting of typical products attracts many people. The feast day dedicated instead to religious celebrations and the procession of the saint is very heard. Now two years the small village has its new church, a modern building that line from a touch of life to the village.
The Black township, located less than a kilometer from Blufi, dates back to the century. XIX. The name probably derives from the name "Niguru" as one of its first inhabitants probably for skin color.